If your ideal kitchen sink is one that makes it easy to get big loads clean, then an apron sink is one to consider. Depending on the design, apron sinks might also be described as farmhouse sinks or country style sinks. There is an important distinction in design among these sinks:
- True farmhouse sinks do not have a separate apron, and for installation, the front of the cabinetry must be cut or a special farmhouse sink base cabinet must be used
- Some apron sinks have a separate but attached piece of material – the apron – that allows for the sink to be installed over the front of the sink base cabinet without cutting it so that the bowl is inside and the apron is outside the cabinet
Their exterior design, fronted by a fashionable “apron,” attractively integrates with your cabinetry. The generous capacity within the sink accommodates large pots and pans, a bushel of apples or the family beagle after a romp in the mud.
Farmhouse Kitchen Sink Guides
Use our informational guides to learn more about apron, farmhouse and country style sinks. We cover all the essentials.
- Farmhouse Sink Buying Guide with prices, pros & cons, discussion of style, top apron sink brands and other information that will help you make a decision you’ll be happy with
- Farmhouse Sink Installation Guide with information about DIY installation, the right cabinet choice and how to choose a kitchen sink installer for your apron, farmhouse or country style sink
- Farmhouse Sink Price Guide with complete pricing you can use to compare these sinks with other types you’re considering and to save money on the apron sink you select
Apron & Farmhouse Sink Pinterest Page
Find ideas and inspiration on our popular Pinterest page as you design a kitchen that will combine beauty and the practical benefits you want.
Finding a Farmhouse Sink & Faucet Installer or General Kitchen Remodeler
In addition to providing helpful information, we can connect you to a qualified, screened contractor in your area. Whether you simply need a sink and faucet installed or you’re looking for someone to completely renovate your kitchen, we can help. By filling out one quick form, you can receive three written estimates from companies where you live, and there is never any cost or obligation.